harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] add cache for file's canonical path
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2009 11:25:53 GMT
Sorry for the delay in responding ...

On 06/Jul/2009 06:42, Regis wrote:
> MapMaker used a j.u.Timer, when put element to map, schedule a new
> j.u.TimerTask
> according to expiration time. For me, using timer can save the extra
> LinkedList, but a little complicated, since it need to start a timer
> thread and management of TimerTask is more complicated than LinkedList.

I agree that using a j.u.Timer is too heavyweight for this case.  Since
we don't care about being too exact on the expiry of items from the
cache we can simply charge a 'tax' on each look-up to see if an item is
ready to be removed.

Anyway, it would be good to put this in and get the speed up.

Regards,
Tim