harmony-dev mailing list archives

From David Gilbert <david.gilb...@object-refinery.com>
Subject Bug in Java2D (while running JFreeChart demo)
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 07:44:40 GMT
There is a bug in Harmony's BasicStroke implementation that causes an
exception while running DialDemo2.java from the JFreeChart demo
collection.  There are some details in this blog entry I posted:

http://www.jroller.com/dgilbert/entry/apache_harmony_and_jfreechart

I'll be honest - I think you have a *lot* of work to do before anyone
would consider using Harmony's Java2D and/or Swing implementations in
production systems.  And yet the public perception seems to be that
Harmony is ready and waiting?  Well, that's been the perception of a
couple of my clients at least, and I've had to put them straight.  A
five minute demo did that pretty effectively.  I think your marketing
is getting ahead of your engineering.

Regards,

Dave Gilbert
http://www.jfree.org/