harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject [classlib][build] properties in modules/*/make/hyproperties.xml
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 13:36:58 GMT

Does anyone actually like these properties?  I've been hacking build.xml files
and they are beginning to drive me crazy.

modules/accessibility/build.xml contains the following for creating the src
jar:

  <jar destfile="${hy.jdk}/jre/lib/boot/${hy.accessibility.packaging.jarname}-src.jar">
    <fileset dir="${hy.accessibility.src.main.java}" />

which IMNSHO would be easier to read/maintain if it was:

  <jar destfile="${hy.jdk}/jre/lib/boot/accessibility-src.jar">
    <fileset dir="src/main/java" />

I also notice that they are used rather erratically.  For example, the
equivalent luni-src.jar creation ant code only uses one of them.

I'd like to get rid of them or, if appropriate, use more straightforward
property names such as ${jarname} since the hy.accessibility.packaging
parts are all rather obvious from the context in which they are used -
i.e. in a harmony module called accessibility building a jar file.

Sorry for the rant but I've got quite a bit build.xml cleanup to do
and assuming others agree (or don't care) I'd like to make them more
readable at the same time.

Regards,
 Mark.