harmony-dev mailing list archives

From David Gilbert <david.gilb...@object-refinery.com>
Subject JFreeChart test failures
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 06:42:13 GMT
Hi,

I ran the JFreeChart test suite against Harmony M9 on Linux and it
reports 45 failures from 2119 tests.  The tests are included in the
JFreeChart distribution, see the following URL:

http://www.jfree.org/jfreechart/

The majority of these failures seem to relate to a NPE exception in
the SimpleDateFormat class:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
java.text.SimpleDateFormat.set2DigitYearStart(SimpleDateFormat.java:722)
	at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.readObject(SimpleDateFormat.java:787)
	at java.lang.reflect.VMReflection.invokeMethod(VMReflection.java)
	at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObjectForClass(ObjectInputStream.java:
1406)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readHierarchy(ObjectInputStream.java:1329)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNewObject(ObjectInputStream.java:2003)
	at
java
.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonPrimitiveContent(ObjectInputStream.java:
802)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:2152)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:2107)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readFieldValues(ObjectInputStream.java:
1186)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadObject(ObjectInputStream.java:
434)
	at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObjectForClass(ObjectInputStream.java:
1421)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readHierarchy(ObjectInputStream.java:1329)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNewObject(ObjectInputStream.java:2003)
	at
java
.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonPrimitiveContent(ObjectInputStream.java:
802)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:2152)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:2107)
	at
org
.jfree
.chart
.urls
.junit
.TimeSeriesURLGeneratorTests
.testSerialization(TimeSeriesURLGeneratorTests.java:155)

Most of the tests that fail are serialization tests, so it is possible
that this NPE is triggered when deserialising a SimpleDateFormat
instance.  I don't have time to investigate further right now, but I
thought I'd at least report the issue.

Regards,

Dave Gilbert
http://www.free.org/