harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Regis <xu.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions about suncompat and bootclasspath.properties
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 04:44:08 GMT
galaxy wrote:
> Hi ,
> I have several questions about the classlib .
>
> 1)
>     I noticed that the module suncompat isn't in the jre list of jar files
> of harmony and also the lines of suncompat in bootclasspath.properties has
> been commented
> so I am wondering the function of this module ?Is it the same of
> xxx-stubs.jar ?

suncompat provides some Sun internal classes that are widely used by
applications. I guess these classes just delegate functions to Harmony classes
which has equivalent functions. luni-kernel-stubs.jar is just stub classes to
make compiler happy, the "real" classes are provided by vm.

> 2)
>    I noticed that there are several modules like yoko , asm ,and so on
> ,unlike others ,they are in folders .And some of them the manifest file
> doesn't have the export / import
> statement including yoko  , yoko-core , yoko.rim , yoko-rmi-impl , becl.-5.2
> .So how are they related to the other modules in the jre ?  I have searched
> several packages of them and found no relation  between them and the other
> jre modules .

As I know, yoko is rmi provider, asm is used by pack200 module.

--
Best Regards,
Regis.