harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JFreeChart test failures
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 13:53:28 GMT
Hi David,

David Gilbert wrote:
> I ran the JFreeChart test suite against Harmony M9 on Linux and it
> reports 45 failures from 2119 tests.  The tests are included in the
> JFreeChart distribution, see the following URL:
> http://www.jfree.org/jfreechart/

Cool, thanks for running the tests.  I'm sure we can fix those 45
failures together.

> The majority of these failures seem to relate to a NPE exception in the
> SimpleDateFormat class:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>     at
> java.text.SimpleDateFormat.set2DigitYearStart(SimpleDateFormat.java:722)
>     at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.readObject(SimpleDateFormat.java:787)

> Most of the tests that fail are serialization tests, so it is possible
> that this NPE is triggered when deserialising a SimpleDateFormat
> instance.  I don't have time to investigate further right now, but I
> thought I'd at least report the issue.

I agree.  I have recreated it with a simple round-trip test on Harmony,
and opened HARMONY-6228 to track it.

This is not a regression since M9, so won't hold up the vote for M10.
The fix will go in after the release has been delivered.

View raw message