harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Declare the signed source tar of r781724 as Milestone 10
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2009 14:51:13 GMT
The first thing I tried after successfully building from source, was
java -version.

In M9 it prints out:
 c:\harmony-jdk-761593\jre\bin>java -version
 Apache Harmony Launcher : (c) Copyright 1991, 2008 The Apache Software
Foundation or its licensors, as applicable.
 java version "1.5.0"
 pre-alpha : not complete or compatible
 svn = r761593, (Apr  3 2009), Windows/ia32/msvc 1310, release build
 http://harmony.apache.org

but in the M10 candidate it only prints:
 c:\apache-harmony-src-r781724\target\hdk\jdk\jre\bin>java -version
 java version "1.5.0"
 Apache Harmony (1.5.0)
 DRLVM (11.2.0)

which is a regression IMHO, and so I'm inclined to vote -1 on this
release candidate.  Besides the all important copyright statement
missing, when we gather JIRAs we ask people to tell us the version they
are running and without the specific platform/revision it is useless.

The regression seems to have come in as r763589.

Regards,
Tim