harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject [build] svn branch/merge tracking
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 14:16:13 GMT

AIUI, as of svn 1.5, if I were to create a new branch with:

  svn copy https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk \

then svn would automatically track which revisions had been merged and I would
subsequently be able to just run:

  svn merge https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk

(and resolve conflicts/test/commit) without messing about with revision numbers
in the manner documented for the java6 branch at:

Does anyone happen to know:

 a) if this works on the asf infra structure, and/or

 b) how to retrospectively gain support for tracking (ideally without
    destroying the java6 branch and recreating it)

In order to help focus on improving the java6 branch (because we talked
about releasing a milestone based on it a while back), I'd like to do
merges more often.  So making the process simpler would be useful.

View raw message