harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r784747 - in /harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/luni/src/main: java/org/apache/harmony/luni/util/Version.java native/launcher/shared/main.c
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 21:53:24 GMT

In message <4A366A6D.8020907@googlemail.com>, Oliver Deakin writes:

> Thanks Mark - just back from holiday now and catching up on mail. I've
> just committed (r784811) a further patch so -version gives us the
> correct copyright and revision number info. It also moves the handling
> of -showversion (and -showversion:extended) to the Version class. You
> should now see:
>
>  >java -version
>  Apache Harmony Launcher : (c) Copyright 1991, 2009 The Apache Software
> Foundation or its licensors, as applicable.
>  java version "1.5.0"
>  Apache Harmony (1.5.0)
>  DRLVM (11.2.0)
>  pre-alpha : not complete or compatible
>  svn = r784759, (Jun 15 2009), Windows/ia32/msvc 1310, release build
>  http://harmony.apache.org
>
>  >java -showversion HelloWorld
>  Apache Harmony Launcher : (c) Copyright 1991, 2009 The Apache Software
> Foundation or its licensors, as applicable.
>  java version "1.5.0"
>  Apache Harmony (1.5.0)
>  DRLVM (11.2.0)
>  pre-alpha : not complete or compatible
>  svn = r784759, (Jun 15 2009), Windows/ia32/msvc 1310, release build
>  http://harmony.apache.org
>  Hello World!
>
> which I think looks about right, if a little verbose. The :extended
> option gives the full classlib module breakdowns, and works with both
> -version and -showversion.
> What do you think?

Excellent.  I've added some trivial checks in r784993 to try to make
sure we don't break it again.

One thing I wondered about while trying to fix this for M10 was that it
would be nice if it actually said "Milestone 10" in the "java -version"
output (probably as well as the svn revision).

Regards,
 Mark