harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] logging and lang-management no longer compiling since mx4j move
Date Sun, 03 May 2009 18:05:35 GMT
Nathan Beyer wrote:
> The work around seems to be moving into 'module/jmx' and running
> 'ant', which will extract the mx4j zip file and then navigating back
> up and compiling again.

It appears to have been caused by r770234 (Moving mx4j dependencies to a
module) which removed the copying of the mx4j JARs into the
bootclasspath before the Harmony code is compiled.

The same has been done for yoko too, but I guess we don't depend upon
that for a clean compile.

I'll give Mark a chance to fix it first.  I wonder, with the new model
for dealing with some dependencies in pseudo-modules, we need a
poll-modules call to a (new) "pre-compile" target to allow the modules
to do such things?

It also shows that we need to do more thorough check-in / build testing.

Regards,
Tim