harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject [general] NOTICE file does not have required contents (HARMONY-6155)
Date Fri, 01 May 2009 19:32:21 GMT
Sebb commented on HARMONY-6155:

> I think there are still some tweaks to be made.
>
> There seem to be some items missing from the NOTICE file - I
> would expect this to mention most, if not all, of the 3rd party items.
> For example:
>
> ICU4C
> Copyright (c) 1995-2005 International Business Machines Corporation and others
> All rights reserved.

What are the criteria you are applying to determine which third-party
items are put in the NOTICE file rather than the LICENSE file?

If you take a look at the (canonical) example of httpd's NOTICE [1] and
LICENSE [2] you can see similar distinctions.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/trunk/NOTICE?view=co
[2] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/trunk/LICENSE?view=co

> [BTW, do you still use both versions of ICU4C?]

No.  Why do you ask?  Are you confusing the ICU4C and ICU4J entries?

> ZLIB version 1.2.3
>  (C) 1995-2004 Jean-loup Gailly and Mark Adler
>
> etc.
>
> But not Apache Yoko, and probably not necessary for the IETF RFCs

Regards,
Tim