harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Notice and license files
Date Fri, 01 May 2009 14:01:17 GMT
Hi Tim,

Perhaps it would make sense to break down the big
THIRD_PARTY_NOTICES.txt into a separate file for each notice. Then,
using some magic at build time, each module could only pull the notices
for the dependencies it actually uses into it's jar. This has a couple
of benefits - we only need to maintain 1 copy of each third party notice
at the top level and we also minimise the number of notices in each jar
file so they don't expand in size any more than they need to.

Regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Deakin