harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Notice and license files
Date Fri, 01 May 2009 13:03:39 GMT
We currently include a copy of LICENSE and NOTICE in every one of our
JARs, but we don't include the THIRD_PARTY_NOTICES.txt.

I've got a patch to combine the 3rd party notices file into the license
file, but it makes our boot JARs noticeably bigger.

I can't put my finger on the ASF policy, but I believe it *is* best
practice to include the license and notice in each jar.

The only alternative I can think of is to copy the LICENSE file into
each module, and only include each THIRD_PARTY_NOTICE section that
applies to that module.

WDYT? any other ideas?

( In the meantime I'll commit the changes I have got do that we are back
in compliance. )

Regards,
Tim