harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [M10] Testing
Date Thu, 28 May 2009 13:33:41 GMT

In message <200905280900.n4S90cAv006979@d12av04.megacenter.de.ibm.com>,
Mark Hindess writes:

> In message <4A1D5B2E.7060600@googlemail.com>, Oliver Deakin writes:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've just run the classlib tests on Windows x86 on the latest code in
> > the federated build and I don't see anything catastrophic there. There's
> > 1 failure in the portlib tests, in hymmap, which I think is a test case
> > off-by-one error. I've attached a patch [1] which fixes the test. Apart
> > from that we look clean.
> >
> > Does anyone have any other test reports? Any other platforms? I'm
> > assuming we're taking r778555 as our testing base for M10.
>
> I think we said we were going to test building from source this time
> around so I'm testing that:
>

>   ant bundle-src
>   tar xzf target/apache-harmony-src-r778555-snapshot.tar.gz
>   cd apache-harmony-src-r778555
>   ant fetch-depends snapshot
>   ant -Dtest.jre.home=$PWD/target/hdk/jdk/jre -f working_classlib/build.xml test
>
> works on Linux.  We need to check that this builds a sane binary
> snapshot with the correct version information in the various jars, etc.
>
> I'll report back once my test run is complete.

Well, I had some test failures caused by timeouts in BasicSwingTestCase.
For example:

  javax.swing.BoxLayoutTest.testLayoutContainerVertical

  Failure  Test interrupted due timeout              10.094
  junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Test interrupted due timeout
    at javax.swing.BasicSwingTestCase.runBare (BasicSwingTestCase.java:147)

but I've seen these before on my laptop so they aren't blockers for M10.
I also had two test crashes:

  org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.SocketTest
  org.apache.harmony.xnet.provider.jsse.SSLSocketImplTest

which were both fixed by Ilya's patch in HARMONY-6132.

I think it would be good to apply the patch from HARMONY-6132 before M10.
Does anyone else support/oppose this?

Regards,
 Mark.