harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [M9] Testing - outstanding issues
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 12:04:44 GMT

In message <f9761b910903221942s4fe244f1y3297b63938ba6ce4@mail.gmail.com>,
chunrong lai writes:

> I also once investigated the issue times ago
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/harmony-dev/200809.mbox/%3cf9761b910809160814s7fd8e257gd99b4a15d97008c0@mail.gmail.com%3e
> and identified the guity commit which breaks SSLSocketImplTest as
> r691267.
>
> What r691267 did is "Remove the hy.no.sig option and make it the
> default." so it is basically a classlib patch. It seems that its
> modifications to vm makefiles finally make the test crashed.

Was a JIRA raised for this?  I don't see one?

I had a look at this.  The crash is caused by a SIGPIPE which isn't
being ignored.  The classlib signal handler obviously configured this
signal to be ignored so that the issue could be dealt as an error from
an affected syscall.  This seems reasonable behaviour to me.

Since there was general consensus that having classlib deal with signal
handling [0] and the classlib signal handler has been removed [1], then
I think the drlvm signal handling code should be fixed to also configure
SIGPIPE to be ignored (SIG_IGN).

Regards,
 Mark.

[0] http://markmail.org/thread/6suvaaeqal5occsl