harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Niejiutao <niejiu...@gmail.com>
Subject Is it important to improve optimizations of Harmony's JIT compiler?
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 09:33:02 GMT
Hi all,

I'm interested in compiler optimizations and have some thoughts on
improving the IR and optimizations of Jitrino.OPT.  However, it seems
that the development on Jitrino.OPT is not very active (only 617 lines
of changes of source code in the past five months), so I wonder whether
improving the optimizations of JIT compiler is important for Harmony
community.  If it's not, why? (Note that Harmony is not very competitive
to other JVMs on performance, http://www.stefankrause.net/wp/?p=9)  If
it is, are there any existing plans or any people working on this?

Best Regards,
Jiutao