harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Myers" <am2...@gmail.com>
Subject [general] Building on Fedora 10
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 04:03:46 GMT
Hi,

Firstly I hope I am okay to ask this "newbie" type question on this list...

I'm trying to build harmony on Fedora 10, following the instructions at
http://harmony.apache.org/quickhelp_contributors.html

At the moment I am stuck with this error when I run the ant build:

/home/andrew/projects/harmony/common_resources/make/depends.xml:200: Can't
get
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/standard/depends/libs/linux.x86.7x/icu-3.4.zip
/home/andrew/projects/harmony/common_resources/depends/libs/linux.x86.7x/icu-3.4/icu-3.4.zip

Is there anwhere else I can get this file from?

And just as a more general question, has anyone else tried successfully to
build harmony on F10?  The doco I could find all referred to Ubuntu.  I
think I've made some progress on finding the dependencies I need, although
I'm still having trouble getting ant to find the ecj.jar file.  If anyone
has been through this and could point me in the right direction that'd be
great.  Otherwise, I'll keep documenting what I've done and perhaps it
will be useful to someone else in the future.

Many thanks,
Andrew.