harmony-dev mailing list archives

From tian galaxy <harmonymail...@gmail.com>
Subject [GSoC]OSGi re-send
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 04:13:35 GMT
Hello everyone

Since I get no reply since my last mail ,I check the archive and found that

"An error occured while fetching this message"

Maybe some got wrong on delivering the mail.
So I re-send the mail here and hope nothing wrong this time.

MingJian
Hi ,
Thanks
To your second question ,I am a bit confused by that too
As far as I know ,the booting procedure is not specified in the OSGi
spec.There are some useful informantion in the doc of implementations,such
as Equinox and Felix .
Take Felix for example ,you could boot it by standard procedure or by custom
.But there should always be a host program to start lanch and do some
initial work.  For a large program such as eclipse you can first run the
host program and then the embeded OSGi .But what is the case for small one
?For a simple "hello world ",it is unnecessary and unwise to sun a host
program much larger. Where should be the host program reside in Harmony or
should it reside in harmony?Or I just got the wrong idea about the "Harmony
OSGi-ed".

For the first one, since Harmony is highly modularized in the Vm and
library ,so it is a good thing for OSGi I think.
Third , no...

Tian Yu