harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [discuss] Harmony Select 6 definition
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 05:12:28 GMT
Jack, thanks, I understand. Well, my point is that the power of Java
is in its open standards. If you want to create a part of Java
ecosystem, it pays to reuse an existing standard if it is sufficient.
If an existing standard is not enough for your goal, than maybe it's
time to approach with standard changes to the standard committee. :-)

AFAIK, OSGi contains bundle selection mechanism (including resource
selection) based on bundle manifests. Why doesn't this mechanism
satisfy your goal? Do you want a finer selection? Do you want to
automate manual manifest dependency maintenance?