harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Wilson <jessewil...@google.com>
Subject Re: xerces and xalan dependencies
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 20:25:31 GMT
2009/4/29 Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com>

> Also it needs checking why Android uses different XML parsers (maybe we can
> switch to better ones as well?)

Harmony's XML stack is quite large. We Androids created our own
implementation that omits features like XSLT. Our code is built on
xmlpull.org, kxml2, and a high-performance native

PS: although this code is in the org.apache.harmony package, it isn't
Harmony-sourced. We've been using org.apache.harmony as an 'internal
implementation' package, which confuses things.