harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Jin Mingjian <jin....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC]OSGi re-send
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 05:23:52 GMT
Hi, Tian,

The idea is pretty good. Although I asked you these questions, I still
have no more ideas about these quesitons myself:) For my old and
little testing, the usage of osgi bundles in harmony is mainly a easy
mechanism to solve the develop-time dependencies. that is, it is
not(or almost not?) used in the runtime. The main implementations of
osgi are on the top of JVM. So, one interesting thing is that, how the
JVM can the benefits from osgi. I guess, the original meaning of this
idea is not simply copying an osgi implementation into Harmony. So
some idea about the use cases will be much discussible. For example,
"allowed to stop the some active bundles in runtime Harmony"(if I use
the SWT, is it possible to stop awt/swing-related bundles?).

regards,
Jin