harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JAXB / JAXWS / StAX (Re: xerces and xalan dependencies)
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 21:29:28 GMT
Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Since we have started talking about stuff inside Java6.
>
> For StAX, can we use woodstox - http://woodstox.codehaus.org/

I see that is dual license, including ALv2 so that's a contender.

> For JAXB, we dont' have any other choice other than JAXB RI -
> https://jaxb.dev.java.net/ - Would CDDL be acceptable?

Only in binary form.  According to the (ever draft) 3rd party licensing
policy [1] we can redistribute the binary JAR under CDDL with
appropriate labeling.  This is likely the most pragmatic way forward.

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html

> Bringing up StAX and JAXB, since JAX-WS needs both.
>
> For JAX-WS, we can do either Apache CXF or Apache Axis2 or let a user
> choose which one to install like they do in Geronimo. Advantage with CXF
> is that it has tooling for code generation as well (similar to wsimport
> and wsgen in the JDK6)

Ack.

Regards,
Tim