harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject JAXB / JAXWS / StAX (Re: xerces and xalan dependencies)
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 20:45:18 GMT
Since we have started talking about stuff inside Java6.

For StAX, can we use woodstox - http://woodstox.codehaus.org/
For JAXB, we dont' have any other choice other than JAXB RI - https://jaxb.dev.java.net/ -
Would CDDL be acceptable?

Bringing up StAX and JAXB, since JAX-WS needs both.

For JAX-WS, we can do either Apache CXF or Apache Axis2 or let a user choose which one to
install like they do in
Geronimo. Advantage with CXF is that it has tooling for code generation as well (similar to
wsimport and wsgen in the JDK6)

thanks,
dims