harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Building on Fedora 10
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 08:13:20 GMT
Let me start by saying I'm not about to defend the myriad ways we have
of dealing with dependencies ... its a mess.  But here's my best guess.

Nathan Beyer wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Tim Ellison <t.p.ellison@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Andrew Myers wrote:
>>> Thanks Nathan.  That's moved me past that issue.  Now I'm getting:
>>>
>>> =====
>>> Missing dependency.  The file from:
>>>
>>> http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.4.2-200902111700/eclipse-JDT-3.3.zip
>>>
>>> should be downloaded (extracted) to:
>>>
>>> /home/andrew/projects/harmony/common_resources/depends/jars/eclipse-JDT-3.3/jdi.jar
>> <snip>
>>
>>> I think I have fixed that by making the following change to
>>>
>>> working_jdktools/make/depends.properties
>> Yep, that's right.
>>
>> [sidebar | grumble about why we have two different depends references to
>> EJC]
>
> What is the full JDT download for? The individual ecj JAR is what's
> used by the jdktools, isn't it?

Yes, my mistake.  The ECJ jar doesn't come from this JDT download.  From
what I can tell it is used to extract the JDI jar files (which are not
available from Eclipse as a separate download AFAIK).

Why we don't just download JDT and pick out what we need from there is a
mystery.

Regards,
Tim