harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Lesson and roadmap thoughts
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 20:15:35 GMT
Alexei Fedotov wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> and I don't think
>> anyone is suggesting that we stop Java 5 'cold' and switch to Java 6
>> branch releases.
>
> Well, at least it would be nice to know that subsequent Java 5
> releases are of some interest for somebody. Otherwise, why should we
> spend time for creating and testing two releases instead of the latest
> one?

How do we know that the current Java 5 releases are of interest to
people :-) ?

Seriously though, as long as there are people around here who are
prepared to contribute to the upkeep of the Java 5 stream, and its
milestone releases, then I don't see why we would summarily terminate them.

Regards,
Tim