harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Lesson and roadmap thoughts
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 19:01:30 GMT
Nathan Beyer wrote:
> Maybe it is just me, but I really don't like calling our users
> "customers". It makes me cringe when I hear that.

How about "stakeholders" :-)

> I don't think this question is sufficent. We need to consider JDK and
> JRE uses separately. Yes, most java 5 code should run on a java 6 JRE,
> but you wouldn't use a java 6 JDK for java 5 dev - it is too much of a
> risk when compiling against the class library. I've seen this issue bite
> back too many times.

We can reassess once we have got the two on offer.  For now we are only
testing and releasing the Java 5 branch regularly, and I don't think
anyone is suggesting that we stop Java 5 'cold' and switch to Java 6
branch releases.  There would have to be a reasonable overlap of (IMHO)
two or three releases of both branches.

Regards,
Tim