harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject [test] Platform spcific tests (was: Re: svn commit: r765837 - /harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/luni/src/test/api/common/org/apache/harmony/luni/tests/java/net/SocketTest.java)
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2009 08:41:21 GMT
Regis wrote:
> Tim Ellison wrote:
>> Regis wrote:
>>> RI has the different behaviors on Linux and Windows in this test case,
>>> and Harmony has the exactly the same behaviors, so I think our
>>> implementation is OK.
>>>
>>> And there are some other similar cases in SocketTest, which failed on
>>> Linux but passed on Windows, I think it's why it is in
>>> exclude.linux.x86.drl. If we fixed them, SocketTest could be moved from
>>> exclude list.
>>
>> It wasn't the fact that there is a difference that I object to here, but
>> the way you have achieved it does not fit in the Harmony architecture.
>>
>> These types of differences are pushed into the native code.  I believe
>> that this should be done here too.
>
> Our tests are all written in java, I think it's better to keep it. How
> about move these platform depended tests to platform directory, like
> UnixSocketTest or WinSocketTest?

D'oh, sorry, I had missed that they are tests!

The platform specific tests are sorted into directories under
  src/test/api		(Java API-based tests)
or
  src/test/impl		(Harmony impl types tests)

The test you modified is in
  src/test/api/common

but if it is platform specific, the relevant parts of the test should be
in one of
  src/test/api/windows
or
  src/test/api/unix