harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject [test] Platform spcific tests (was: Re: svn commit: r765837 - /harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/luni/src/test/api/common/org/apache/harmony/luni/tests/java/net/SocketTest.java)
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2009 08:41:21 GMT
Regis wrote:
> Tim Ellison wrote:
>> Regis wrote:
>>> RI has the different behaviors on Linux and Windows in this test case,
>>> and Harmony has the exactly the same behaviors, so I think our
>>> implementation is OK.
>>> And there are some other similar cases in SocketTest, which failed on
>>> Linux but passed on Windows, I think it's why it is in
>>> exclude.linux.x86.drl. If we fixed them, SocketTest could be moved from
>>> exclude list.
>> It wasn't the fact that there is a difference that I object to here, but
>> the way you have achieved it does not fit in the Harmony architecture.
>> These types of differences are pushed into the native code.  I believe
>> that this should be done here too.
> Our tests are all written in java, I think it's better to keep it. How
> about move these platform depended tests to platform directory, like
> UnixSocketTest or WinSocketTest?

D'oh, sorry, I had missed that they are tests!

The platform specific tests are sorted into directories under
  src/test/api		(Java API-based tests)
  src/test/impl		(Harmony impl types tests)

The test you modified is in

but if it is platform specific, the relevant parts of the test should be
in one of

Does that make sense?

View raw message