harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Regis <xu.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: about upgrade icu4j 3.8 to icu4j 4.0
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:33:32 GMT
Deven You wrote:
> I remember I did it a long time ago, there were 2 - 3 issues about icu4.0.
> And I will run the whole test this week.
>
> 2009/2/24 Sian January <sianjanuary@googlemail.com>
>
>> Sounds like a good idea.  Deven - did you run the Harmony tests at all
>> with the new ICU?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Sian
>>

>> 2009/2/24 Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com>:
>>> In message <efe92bae0902200123p77037a46s965966c262c50ce8@mail.gmail.com
>>> ,
>> foledr

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12400589/config_icu40.diff
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12400590/Charset.diff
>>>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12400591/nio_char_errors.txt
>>> Seems like a good idea.  I'll try to find a moment to test this.
>>>
>>> What are the benefits we get from this upgrade?  Performance?  Footprint?
>>>
>>> In case it helps anyone else, the JIRA with these attachments is:
>>>
>>>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-6096
>>>
>>> (I don't think there is an easy way to get from attachment links back to
>> the
>>> jira link?)
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> -Mark.
>>>

>> --
>> Unless stated otherwise above:
>> 741598.

Since M9 already released, I'd like to apply the patch for this upgrade. I tried
  your patches on HARMONY-6096 and HARMONY-6119, followed instructions, and then
ran the all unit tests, still got some test failures not seen in M9:
org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.util.CurrencyTest:
     test_getInstanceLjava_util_Locale
     test_getSymbol
     test_getSymbolLjava_util_Locale
org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.util.LocaleTest
     test_getISO3Language
org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.util.TimeZoneTest
     test_getDisplayNameZILjava_util_Locale
org.apache.harmony.nio_char.tests.java.nio.charset.CharsetTest
     test_isRegistered

Do you have any in hands patches to resolve them? I'd like to try them before
applying.

--
Best Regards,
Regis.