harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: contribution of treemap modification(s) ?
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 11:00:38 GMT
Hi Charlie,

I had a quick chat with Tim today, and I think the consensus is that you
don't need to fill in the BCC (if you havn't already) since you are the
only contributor to changes in this code. The Sun CCLA (if it already
exists) should be enough to say that Sun approves the admission of code
under the Apache License, and your ACQ and ICLA should deal with the
rest. Really the BCC is more of a checklist to make sure that full care
and attention has been paid when large submissions are being made - kind
of a reminder to the contributor that they need to follow the
appropriate process for all authors. Since you are the only author in
this case, I think we can happily accept the contribution without :)

Regards,
Oliver

charlie hunt wrote:
> Thanks Oliver!
>
> I am back from vacation and picking up where I left off.
>
> I think the "safe" way to go is the ACQ and BCC route.  Although I was
> the person who made modifications & additions to the source code, I do
> not own the rights to those modifications & additions, Sun
> Microsystems does.
>
> I will proceed to work the ACQ and BCC process with the appropriate
> folks at Sun.  This will likely take a little time due to the nature
> of the documents and the additional personnel who will need to be
> involved.
>
> As someone once said to me, "patience is a virtue".
>
> charlie ...
>
> Oliver Deakin wrote:
>> Hi Charlie,
>>
>> The full rules for submitting a bulk contribution are at the bottom
>> of [1]. An ACQ is required for the contributor of the bulk
>> contribution (yourself) and also for any authors of the TreeMap code
>> you are contributing (which is just yourself as well from the sound
>> of things). You also need to submit a Bulk Contribution Checklist [2].
>>
>> I believe scans of both the ACQ and BCC need to be mailed to the
>> private PMC mailing list, found on [3].
>>
>> Regards,
>> Oliver
>>
>> [1] http://harmony.apache.org/contribution_policy.html
>> [2] http://harmony.apache.org/bulk_contribution_checklist.html
>> [3] http://harmony.apache.org/mailing.html
>>
>> charlie hunt wrote:
>>> Alexei,
>>>
>>> I have no problem with the ACQ, nor do I think Sun has a problem
>>> with it.  I am filling out the ACQ as I draft this note.  Just
>>> wanted to avoid some unnecessary steps if they were not needed.
>>>
>>> I may have missed where to send the ACQ ... is there an e-mail
>>> address where to send it too or a fax number to send too?
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>>
>>> charlie ...

:-)

Sun makes