harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Regis <xu.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC] My question about class-selector
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2009 06:09:04 GMT
Daniel Gong wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>     After several days' consideration, I still have this question.
>     We should decide classes that will be included in jre before the
> application is used by the customer. Then my question is, how can we know
> what classes will be dynamicly loaded according to the user input by dynamic
> trace? I mean, we don't know what classes name the user will input to load
> it by reflection.
>
> Yours Daniel

Good question. My answer is we would never know all classes dynamically loaded
at runtime. Think about application server, where all applications are deployed
at runtime, generate a minimized JRE for this system, I believe, is a impossible
mission.

I think the purpose of class-selector is helping application which don't depends
on dynamical class loading or knows (at deployment time) which classes will be
dynamically loaded. There are a lots of java desktop applications, they may be
never changed after deploying, so I think it's one scenario for class-selector.
You may can find more places for class-selector :)

--
Best Regards,
Regis.