harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Next Steps, was Fwd: Applications Closed for Google Summer of Code 2009]
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2009 09:42:00 GMT
Hi all,

Student applications have now closed, and GSoC is entering the selection
phase. I notice that there are a few proposals for Harmony projects that
do not have an associated mentor. Could all those who wish to be mentors
please go to the project list and take a look at the proposals for
Harmony projects [1]. If there is a strong proposal you would like to
mentor, then please click the "I am willing to mentor this student"
button and score the proposal +4. This indicates to the GSoC organisers
that there is willing mentor for that project. For example, please see
the proposal Manju has created and I have volunteered to mentor [2].

As the note below indicates, GSoC will enter Selection Phase tomorrow,
where mentors can give a more detailed ranking to their projects using
the full selection criteria [3]. There are 6 points under which mentors
need to rank their projects, described under the "Selection Phase" heading.

Time is a little tight for the selection process, so please put yourself
down as a mentor (if you find a good proposal) and read/begin the
selection phase ranking as soon as possible. Please also note that the
ranking points ask for an "interview" of the candidate (face to face, on
the phone, via email etc.) to evaluate their ability to complete the
project, so it is very important to get this process started as soon as
possible.

Regards,
Oliver

[1] http://socghop.appspot.com/org/list_proposals/google/gsoc2009/asf