harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Nathan Beyer <ndbe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Eclipse crashes
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 23:10:12 GMT
If you want to work on individual modules in the class library, just
use the Import > Existing Project and navigate the file browser to any
of the folders under 'modules'. Note - these settings assume that you
have the Eclipse PDE and have a Target Platform of the assembled JRE
built. We need to get a pre-defined target file committed somewhere in
the SCM, just don't know where yet.

Another approach is to create a project and then create folders that
link to the specific source folders that you want to work on. That's
how I usually work on the DRLVM Java source.

-Nathan

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Manju Vijayakumar
<manju.bits@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you Regis. I should have read the documentation first. Thanks for the
> pointers though.
>
> What I did was this: I checked out Harmony folders from Apache repository
> using SVN in Eclipse. Built it at the same place. So I guess I have a folder
> in my  eclipse workspace which is 1.7 GB :-) No wonder my eclipse crashes.
>
> So do I now move this folder to some other place outside workspace and
> checkout only the components I need?
>
> Thanks,
> Manju
>
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 12:22 AM, Regis <xu.regis@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Manju Vijayakumar wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Now with the Harmony project up there, my Eclipse crashes within 1 min. of
>>> browsing through Harmony project.
>>>

>> What JDK do you use to run Eclipse, Harmony or RI?
>> How do you setup Harmony project in Eclipse? If you are browsing classlib,
>> you can setup per project for each module [1]
>>
>> [1] http://harmony.apache.org/documentation/dev_eclipse.html
>>
>>  It silently closes down (won't give me the pop up (with the memory trace)
>>> which we get usually when there is not enough memory)
>>>
>>> Nevertheless, I have tried increasing the memory size in the eclipse.ini
>>> "-showsplash