harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Sian January <sianjanu...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [M9] Testing - outstanding issues
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 09:45:13 GMT
Updated list:

1. HttpURLConnectionTest and HttpsURLConnectionTest fail on some
systems [Test issue - fix available from Regis in HARMONY-6120 but may
not be committed until after M9]
2. org.apache.harmony.archive.tests.java.util.jar.ManifestTest fails
on Windows XP [Tim is working on this]
3. RMI test failures on Linux [HARMONY-6090, 6091 and 6092 provide a
partial fix to this, but tests still fail intermittently]
4. VM crash in classlib tests on Linux -
org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.MulticastSocketTest and
org.apache.harmony.xnet.provider.jsse.SSLSocketImplTest
5. Classlib test failures on Vista in
org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.MulticastSocketTest
and org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.SocketTest [Firewall issue?]
6. hymem.exe crashes on Vista
7. Various AWT/Swing crashes/ failures
8. Dacapo benchmark failure HARMONY-6041

On 18/03/2009, Regis <xu.regis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Alexei Fedotov wrote:
>> Folks,
>> Do I understand correctly that RI correctly fires IOException for this
>> test case?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> Yes, if the test wasn't able to connect to "www.apache.org"
>

>> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 11:25 PM, Mark Hindess
>> <mark.hindess@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> Since we see it is a test case failure, and the fix does not affect the
>>> implementation, I'd vote to fix it now. ;-)
>>>
>>> Junit stops a test method at the first failed assert so any failure
>>> could be hiding other "real" bugs, so if a test fix doesn't affect the
>>> implementation then I think I'd always be +1 for applying it as soon as
>>> possible.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>  Mark.

and have