harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Sian January <sianjanu...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [M9] Testing - outstanding issues
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 16:25:39 GMT
2009/3/14 Nathan Beyer <nbeyer@gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 5:59 AM, Sian January
> <sianjanuary@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> It should be the end of code freeze today but I'm not sure we're ready
>> to vote on M9 yet without discussing all of the test failures that
>> people have found.
>>
>> It seems like the HttpURLConnection tests are test errors rather than bugs.
>>
>> I also think that if something fails on Windows Vista and not on XP
>> then we probably shouldn't consider it a blocker, though it would be
>> nice to fix it in general.
>
> Is someone running tests on Windows XP?

Nathan - I am running the tests on Windows XP.  I see the same
java.net test failures as you and more unless I disable my firewall
(Symantec Client Firewall), in which case they all pass.  Does Vista
have an inbuilt firewall that could be causing the failures for you?

>> For awt and swing crashes, I think these are common (I don't think
>> Churong runs them as part of the integrity test suite) and have been
>> allowed through in previous milestones, so I don't think these are
>> blockers for M9.
>
> I didn't realize the integrity tests weren't running AWT/Swing. What's
> the value of that?

I had a quick search but I can't find any threads with the historical
reason for this - I may even be wrong about it.  Perhaps Chunrong can
comment?