harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Sian January <sianjanu...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code 2009
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 13:17:35 GMT
It's probably worth mentioning at this point that the 'official'
mentor for each project needs to be a Harmony committer even if
someone else is going to be doing the mentoring - I think this is
either a Google or Apache rule.  If you're acting as a surrogate for
someone else then you would probably be allowed to be the official
mentor for two or three projects (normally just one is allowed) but
not for many more.

Looking at the Wiki I think it's just Andrew's project so far ("Extend
VMTT") that needs a surrogate or co-mentor if there are any willing
committers.

Thanks,

Sian

2009/3/17 Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com>:
> I like GSoC tasks from Sean and Andrew.
>
> Jimmy,
> Can you provide a sort of analysis of your tasks? Are there any open
> source automatic translation tools? How a web updater relates to NSIS
> and Java WebStart? Is there any relation between your multi-vm and
> isolation API? What is in a smallest class set except -verbose:class?
> Please, provide more motivation.
>
> As one of Apache gurus said, "You want start a new open source project? Don't."
>
> Thanks!
>
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 2:44 PM, Jimmy,Jing Lv <firepure@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>    I've added 4 proposal there. Looking for discussions/suggestions/comments :)
>>
>> 2009/3/16 Sian January <sianjanuary@googlemail.com>:
>>> Just wanted to encourage people to write their ideas up on the Wiki -
>>> only Oliver has done it so far and there is a deadline.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Sian

(Android

--