harmony-dev mailing list archives

From chunrong lai <chunrong...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][vmcore]The use in M2nFrame in vmcore
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 02:36:56 GMT
hi, Yuan:
   Besides the stack iteratoring and tracing (unwinding) the document
http://harmony.apache.org/subcomponents/drlvm/developers_guide.html#About_the_Stack
also
indicate more usages of the M2nFrame:

Container of object handles that are indirect pointers to the
Java*<http://harmony.apache.org/subcomponents/drlvm/developers_guide.html#*>heap.
Native code must use object handles to enable root set enumeration.
During this process, the VM traverses the list of M2nFrames for each thread
and enumerates object handles from each frame.

   Looking in the drlvm interpreter source code, the
oh_allocate_local_handle() are often seen for this.
   I myself do not catch your idea that why M2NFrame is only used in JET/OPT
mode. Can you explain that?