harmony-dev mailing list archives

From chunrong lai <chunrong...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib]I'm going to apply patch for HARMONY-6102
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 04:44:01 GMT
  Just want to check if we need more careful consideration when adding
(open) jars into the bootclasspath, as RI just includes self-make jars in
their bootclasspath.
  The open jars (currently, xalan and yoko) may include "Class-Path" (main)
attribute. Which stands for "The value of this attribute specifies the
relative URLs of the extensions or libraries that this application or
extension needs. URLs are separated by one or more spaces. The application
or extension class loader uses the value of this attribute to construct its
internal search path. " according to the JAR file Specification (
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/jar/jar.html). I am not sure it is
satisfied currently. It is also noted that Eclipse Unit Test will
extract/examine the Class-Path attributes of bootclasspath of the used VM
and reported error info of "Missed Project Entry" or "Duplicate Project
Entry" when some exceptions are observed.
  Personally I think that it is OK to just remove the "Class-Path"
attributes of the new bootclasspath jars. What is the opinion?