harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Maksim Ananjev <maksim.anan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC] Getting started with harmony-awt-dnd project
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2009 08:15:19 GMT
Hi,

Maybe I am missing smth, but I have not found this project in the list[1]

However, i tried this project last year, but I had to drop it due to
lack of time for GSoC. Anyway, if there are eager mentors for dnd
project this year I can guarantee you a great deal of fun and
challenge :)

The most challenging about it is that nobody knows exactly how current
implementation is close to Sun DND Spec[2]. So you'll need to develop
tests first and then implement missing set of features.

I am not sure if original maintainers of Harmony dnd are still reading
this list, but I know that Alexei Fedotov certainly does and he
probably can provide you with more specifics.

But the first thing to clarify is if there are mentors eager to
participate this year.

[1]http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Google_Summer_Of_Code_2009_Projects_Proposals
[2]http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/dragndrop/spec/dnd1.html

--