harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Krystal Mok <rednaxel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC] Interested in harmony-JIT-1
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2009 15:30:34 GMT
Hi Alexei,

Thank you for your advice. By "patch", are you suggesting a patch against
the current Jitrino so that it modifies the current behavior for demo
purpose, and/or the structure of code? By "prototype", is it good enough to
build a simple JITter of some sort, say from a very simple bytecode
instruction set to x86, instead of prototyping the whole JVM's instruction
set? Time is very crucial, but during this week it's really hard for me to
do anything significant, because I've got a few exams to take, from tomorrow
on until Friday. Hopefully I can get something out of the night time...

Thanks,
Krystal Mok,
Nanjing University