harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code 2009
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 12:33:50 GMT
I like GSoC tasks from Sean and Andrew.

Jimmy,
Can you provide a sort of analysis of your tasks? Are there any open
source automatic translation tools? How a web updater relates to NSIS
and Java WebStart? Is there any relation between your multi-vm and
isolation API? What is in a smallest class set except -verbose:class?
Please, provide more motivation.

As one of Apache gurus said, "You want start a new open source project? Don't."

Thanks!

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 2:44 PM, Jimmy,Jing Lv <firepure@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I've added 4 proposal there. Looking for discussions/suggestions/comments :)
>
> 2009/3/16 Sian January <sianjanuary@googlemail.com>:
>> Just wanted to encourage people to write their ideas up on the Wiki -
>> only Oliver has done it so far and there is a deadline.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Sian
>>

>> 2009/3/12 Andrew Cornwall <andrew.pack200@gmail.com>:
>>> Is there any desire to extend VMTT?
>>>
>>>  - add a real assembly format (jsr :label or something like that, instead of
>>> jsr -11.) (Does jasm do this, and if so could we use their format?)
>>>  - add flexibility for bad classes
>>>    - specifying the padding for tableswitch/lookupswitch
>>>    - allow double/long constantpool entries without subsequent constant
>>> pool entry
>>>    - mixed asm and bin in methods
>>>    - allow insertion of binary data at other places (eg constant pool)
>>>  - fix bugs
>>>
>>> Just some thoughts...
>>>
>>>    Andrew Jr.

(Android