harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Yuan Zhang <trojany...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm][vmcore]The use in M2nFrame in vmcore
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 07:38:20 GMT
Hello, everyone:
  I have read something about the M2nFrame described in “Developer's
Guide"[1] and I thought the main use of M2nFrame is to handle the difference
of the calling conventions between the native frames and the managed frames
compiled by JIT, so I concluded that  M2nFrame would only be used in JET/OPT
mode. However, I'm a little confused to found out that M2nFrame is also used
in the interpreter mode because I think in the interpreter mode, the native
function is directed called by interpreter and interpreter runs in native
frames. It seems that there is no need to use M2nFrame in interpreter, and
my only explanation is that using M2nFrame in the interpreter is for stack
iteratoring and tracing. But I'm not sure, can anybody give me some ideas?
  Thanks!

[1]
http://harmony.apache.org/subcomponents/drlvm/developers_guide.html#About_the_Stack