harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Problems with NIO
Date Sun, 01 Mar 2009 23:24:17 GMT

In message <8833dc800903010756y349f6794ya1909803dcdb0dc@mail.gmail.com>,
Niklas Gustavsson writes:

> On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Mark Hindess
> <mark.hindess@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >> Some further details on this problem. First of all, it only seems
> >> to happen for a client that is connected against certain (NIO?)
> >> servers.
> >
> > This is quite puzzling. I can't see why this makes any
> > difference. Perhaps it is a timing issue.
>
> Yeah, I was merely guessing, but it might surely be timing.
>
> > So there are at least three bugs found thanks to your latest email.
> > Fixing them might take a little while since I want to have some more
> > discussion of the SIGUSR2 issue[0]. If you want to track when these
> > get fixed, then it might be best to raise a JIRA.
>
> Happy to help I guess ;-). Issue added at HARMONY-6105. Also, from my
> point of view, HARMONY-5924 can now be close.

Thanks.  I'll follow up HARMONY-5924 after the next snapshot or milestone
is available.

I should have said four bugs not three since I think I also spotted a
Sun bug too.  I notice that when I ran the test case on Sun, the strace
happened to contain:

  getsockname(0, 0x41586460, [103079215132]) = -1 ENOTSOCK (Socket operation
  on non-socket)

which really doesn't make much sense.

I'm not planning to report it. ;-)

Thanks again.

Regards,
-Mark.

[0] In the unlikely event that anyone really does care enough to look in
    to this, it occurred on Linux/x86_64 with:

      java version "1.6.0_07"
      Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 10.0-b23, mixed mode)