harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Xiao-Feng Li <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject As to your GSoC applications to Apache Harmony projects
Date Sun, 29 Mar 2009 02:09:02 GMT
Hi, all, welcome your interests in Apache Harmony projects for GSoC2009!

In order for your proposal to be interested by some mentor, it is
suggested for you to do following things: [*]
1. Please subscribe dev@harmony.apache.org mailing list (if you have not).
2. Please discuss your proposal in the mailing list, basically
explaining why you are qualified for the projects, and how you would
proceed with them;
3. Please suggest how many months you would spend in your proposed
projects and how many hours every day, every week.
4. Polish your proposals in the application website based on the
discussions in the mailing list. [**]

I might miss some student applicants names in my To list. It is
encouraged for them to follow the same process as well.

[*] The listed actions are not mandatory for any students. An
applicant student can choose to ignore them without any issues, except
that the chances being selected could be low.
[**] A simply copy&paste of the project ideas from Apache Wiki for
your applications might be invalid proposals.

All the above are only my personal opinions, not representing other
potential mentors, projects, or ASF.

Thanks,
xiaofeng
--