harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Xiao-Feng Li <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code 2009
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 01:37:48 GMT
This is interesting. Project ideas related to this include:

1. Make Apache Harmony support Google Android applications. (Android
on Harmony should be much faster with the much more powerful JIT and
GC).

2. Strip down DRLVM into a bare bone JVM that has only the must-have
code. (For example, keep only one JIT, one GC, one class loader, one
finalizer, only 32-bit support, etc.)

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--
Managed Runtime Technology Center, Intel