harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Qiu <sean.xx....@gmail.com>
Subject [testing] Proposal for archiving our tests into one bundle
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2009 07:44:48 GMT
Hi, All

I'm trying to archive our tests into some jars so that user can run the
tests directly as long as they get a copy of our run-time.( like
Harmony-Automated-Tests-M8.zip)
By this means, we can create a testing archive for each module as
well, luni-test.zip, security-test.zip......
I found we have made some efforts to archive our unit test into one bundle.
[1]
Now I plan to supply some patch for it. I've uploaded my completed patch to
HARMONY-6083[2].
(I've assigned this JIRA a port of HARMONY-984).
Below is my ongoing proposal.

trunk
 |--   make |             |-- run-test.xml *          This ant build file
will be used to run tests after archiving (or any other names)
 |             |-- setting.properties     Customer can setting parameters by
this properties file, such as ${test.jre.home}

 |-- modules |             |--  luni
 |             |      |-- build.xml *       Add a new task which will
package all luni tests to deploy/build/test/luni
 |             |
 |             |-- .... (other module)
 |-- ...

 |-- deploy/build/test (output)
                        |-- properties.xml                     Copy from
<trunk>/make/properties.xml,  some common tasks
                        |-- setting.properties                 Copy from
<trunk>/make/setting.properties, some configuration properties for testing
                        |-- support.jar, derby.jar...         Dependencies
jars will be used while testing
                        |-- build.xml                             Copy from
<trunk>/make/run-test.xml
                        |-- luni
                        |         |-- resources                   Copy from
<trunk>/modules/luni/src/test/resources, may copy some support files
here,such as policy file in luni.
                        |         |-- excludes                    Copy
from <trunk>/modules/luni/make/exclude.*, user can exclude tests by this
means.
                        |         |-- luni_tests_impl.jar       Tesing
archive
                        |         |-- luni_tests_api.jar         Testing
archive.

                        |-- security ...
                        |-- ...  (other module)

Then we can archive whole test folder into one file for user.
User can test our milestone in addition to this file, there is no need to
checkout all src, building, testing....

I'm successfully run the our luni test by this means.
But there is still some extra work to refine the script.
(Your help is appreciated very much.)

What do you think about it?
Any suggestions or commends are welcomed.

Best Regards
Sean, Xiao Xia Qiu