harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Zhou <zhoukevi...@gmail.com>
Subject DRLVM doesn't set java.endorsed.dirs system property
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2009 09:53:22 GMT
Hi all,
When performing the given test [1] on HARMONY and RI, it shows RI provides
such "java.endorsed.dirs" SYSTEM PROPERTY while HARMONY doesn't.

Sometimes, JRE may search for JAR files in the endorsed directories in order
to run some specific applications correctly.

As for me, I think this is non-bug difference between HARMONY and RI. If
necessary, it could be implemented at VM-side.

Do we need to follow RI on this behaviour? What is your opinion? :)

[1] Sample:
    System.out.println(System.getProperty("java.endorsed.dirs"));
}