harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jimmy,Jing Lv" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoc] Hi all
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2009 07:56:27 GMT
Hi,

    Welcome Lou Yin!

2009/3/29 LOU Yin <yin.lou.07@gmail.com>

> Hi all,
>
> I am an undergraduate from Fudan University, Shanghai, China. It's my first
> time to know Harmony and to have a chance to get a deeper insight on open
> source community. So I just choose some projects that look easy.
>
> 1. harmony-javax-script
> I think this implementation would be straight forward. I'm not clear what
> kind of implementation people are expecting.

As Sean said, we've remove the project, sorry for the inconvenience that
caused!

> 2. harmony-tools-1
> I prefer implementing jar tool. I think I should follow the similar pattern
> for javac in Harmony when implementing. A reference page can be found at
> [1].
>
> Actually, for this two projects, the goal is to implement rather then
> design. I don't see there are many potential ideas for these two projects.
> Would someone give me some advice?

Yep, some of the projects requires implementation rather than design,
however still in the implementation itself, we require your design(e.g, some
detail algorithms), coding, pair work, time management and other skills. So
you can still enrich your proposal to attract attention.

> I'm interested in Java techiniques and familiar with Java language.
> Hopefully, I could know more about the Harmony project and the open source
> community after this summer.

That's cool, Lou Yin! You are always welcome, we look for new members and
new committers :)

Please tell us if you have more questions.

--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv
China Software Development Lab, IBM