harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Lee <littlee1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [M9] Testing - outstanding issues
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 12:00:55 GMT
Hi guys,
I have done some investigation about the SSLSocketImplTest vm crash.

The reason vm crash because we try to write something into a socket, which
is reset.
I have try the test on the IBM vme. The "java.net.SocketException: Broken
pipe" has raised as expected. But on the drlvm no exception raised but vm
crash.

Any suggestion about this?

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 11:43 PM, Sian January
<sianjanuary@googlemail.com>wrote:

> 2009/3/18 Tim Ellison <t.p.ellison@gmail.com>:
> > Thanks for the review...
> >
> > Sian January wrote:
> >> The patch looks fine for this case, but if I was being picky I would
> >> wonder if we also need to throw an IOException for an infinite stream
> >> that does contain '\n' characters as well as for one that doesn't?
> >
> > The RI runs forever on a stream of '\n's and we run up to an
> > OutOfMemoryException.  It's such a contrived case that I really don't
> > think we need to hang forever too to match the behavior.
> >
> >> Also is '\n' ok to use across all platforms or should it be something
> >> like System.getProperty(line.separator)?
> >
> > The manifest format spec says:
> >  newline :  CR LF | LF | CR (not followed by LF)
> >
> > so I'll change the containsLine test to be
> >  if (buffer[i] == 0x0A || buffer[i] == 0x0D) {
> >
> > Sounds reasonable?
>
> Ok - sounds fine
>
> +1 for applying
>

> > Thanks again,