harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][luni] - SO_REUSEADDR's default value of ServerSocket should be true on Linux (HARMONY-6090)
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2009 20:40:31 GMT
I'm looking for another committer to review this patch with a view to
fixing a regression from M8.  This is (part of) the cause of the RMI
test failure blocker.

Briefly,

Creating a new server socket has different default values for the
SO_REUSEADDR flag between Windows and Linux on the RI, but not Harmony.
  This patch makes us match the RI behavior once again.

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Ellison (JIRA) wrote:

> Tim Ellison updated HARMONY-6090:
> ---------------------------------

> Alternative patch, that uses a new native to distinguish the server socket case, so the
so_reuseaddr can be set as default for Linux.

>> [classlib][luni] - the SO_REUSEADDR's default value of ServerSocket should be true
on Linux

>>                 Key: HARMONY-6090
>>             Project: Harmony
>>          Issue Type: Bug
>>          Components: Classlib
>>    Affects Versions: 5.0M8
>>            Reporter: Regis Xu
>>            Assignee: Sean Qiu
>>             Fix For: 5.0M9
>>
>>         Attachments: HARMONY-6090.diff, harmony-6090.patch
>>

>> In Harmony, the SO_REUSEADDR's default value of ServerSocket is false on Linux, while
RI is true.