harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Remaining M9 issues
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 14:10:43 GMT
I'm trying to catch up on the remaining M9 blockers, and have gleaned
the following, please correct me where I'm wrong, or provide more info.
The goal is to ensure we have no regressions, not that we fix all known
bugs in this milestone.

 - Blockers -

1. RMI test failures on Linux [HARMONY-6090, 6091 and 6092 provide a
partial fix to this, but tests still fail intermittently]

?JIRA?  Regression?

2. hymem.exe crashes on Vista

?JIRA?  Regression?

3. Various AWT/Swing crashes/ failures

?JIRA?  Regression?

4. Dacapo benchmark failure HARMONY-6041

Regression caused by patch in r727327.  Propose Regis fix or roll-back
this patch.

 - Non-blockers -

1. HttpURLConnectionTest and HttpsURLConnectionTest fail on some
systems [Test issue - fix available from Regis in HARMONY-6120 but may
not be committed until after M9]

Test case problem.  Fix for test available but not committed.

2. org.apache.harmony.archive.tests.java.util.jar.ManifestTest fails
on Windows XP [Tim is working on this]

Fixed.

3. VM crash in classlib tests on Linux -
org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.MulticastSocketTest and
org.apache.harmony.xnet.provider.jsse.SSLSocketImplTest

Chunrong identified cause as r691267.
Not a regression from M8.

4. Classlib test failures on Vista in
org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.MulticastSocketTest
and org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.SocketTest [Firewall issue?]

Identified as firewall problem.